AltusHost promotes a high level of responsible behavior in connection with the use of its services and respects the rights of others and requires that users of AltusHost services do the same. To ensure that rights holders can effectively enforce their rights, and also to ensure that any misuse of AltusHost services is remedied, AltusHost has adopted an abuse handling policy.
AltusHost isn’t able to monitor completely how its services are used by a customer or an end-user. If you have identified that AltusHost services are used in violation of the AltusHost policies or any applicable law, or if you believe that your content has been used in any manner that infringes upon your rights, you can send an abuse notification. The procedure and requirements for the abuse notifications are described below.
The AltusHost Abuse Response Team (ART) makes sure to act quickly on all notifications it receives. All notifications received are evaluated by automatic Abuse Prevention procedure, which is active 24/7 and handles notifications all year round.
Requirements for Notifications
Please follow the requirements stated below when submitting a notification about content hosted and/or transmitted by AltusHost.
Please understand that no-follow of below-specified guidelines might lead to delayed or faulty processing of your notification.
- Ensure that the notification is submitted in plain text.
- Submit the notification in English language.
- Do not send any notifications from a NO-REPLY email address.
- Include your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- The notification should reference an IP address from where the reported content is located or from which the reported conduct occurred. This IP address must be assigned to AltusHost.
- The notification should reference a static URL from where the reported content is located or from which the reported conduct occurred. This URL should resolve to an IP address assigned to AltusHost.
- Only include one IP address per notification. If you wish to submit a notification for more than one IP address, please send multiple notifications.
- Only include URLs or domains in your abuse notification for which you are seeking resolution.
- Provide a description of the content or conduct that you wish to report and why this is infringing your rights or violating applicable law or the applicable Acceptable Use Policy.
- For trademark infringement notifications: the registration details (including registration number) for the infringed trademark.
- For copyright infringement, please include a description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed, including a copy of the copyrighted work or the web page address where the copyrighted work may be found.
- For hacking, VOIP/SIP Scanning, (D)DoS and malicious software: a description of the illegal activities, including date and timestamp, the IP address of servers that are subject of the illegal activities, the destination port, source port, and log files.
- Include one of the following keywords in the body of your notification: [Child Abuse] [Live streaming] [Copyright] [Trademark] [VoIP/SIP] [Phishing] [DDoS] [Spam] [Hack] [Malware] [Gambling] [Zoophilia] [Defamation] [personal data] [Photos of persons]
For DMCA Notices, the following additional requirements apply:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright allegedly infringed;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material at issue is not authorized by the copyright owner, the agent of the copyright owner or the law; and
- A statement by you that the information in this notification is accurate and a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner of the material allegedly infringed or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The Abuse Response Team (ART) works with a semi-automated Abuse Handling Procedure. This procedure serves both the AltusHost’s customer and the notifier. After submitting a notification, your notification will be sorted and assigned to the proper category and assigned the proper priority level. You will receive an email with further questions from AltusHost ART in case some clarifications are needed.
In most cases, AltusHost does not have access to particular content hosted by a client of AltusHost services. Upon receipt of an abuse notification, the Abuse Response Team will forward your notice to the appropriate customer. It may, therefore, be more efficient, and in some cases even required, for you to send your abuse notification directly to the user of AltusHost services.
How to submit an Abuse Notification?
You can submit a notification to AltusHost by way of an email.
Email address for Abuse Notification: [email protected]
You can also submit a notification through our web form.